Starting today at 12:00 PM, you have access to your child’s interim comments report for the spring semester. These comments summarize months of hard work and productivity, and I hope your child feels accomplished with his/her progress. You may access the comments through the D-E website. Please see the instructions noted at the end of my note here, on how to access this report.
The Middle School teachers have taken great care in writing your child’s comments! The comments are written with your child as the intended audience. As you read your child’s comments, I urge you to think along several concurrent lines. First, look for overall strengths and challenges. Secondly, look for academic growth and performance. And third, look for mention of the SaL (Student as Learner) traits. (For more about the SaL traits click here or visit www.d-e.org/values.
You should find evidence of at least one SaL trait in every comment. Engage your child in a conversation about his/her perspective. Help your child set reasonable goals and develop an action plan. There is much to be gained in this process, and it will reinforce the reflection your child does here at school with his/her HomeBase advisor. Working together, we can help our children learn the skills of self-reflection, mid-point adjusting, and goal setting.
We are truly enjoying the children’s enthusiasm and their love of learning. We look forward to their continued progress this year!
In the ‘slider’ photos at the top of this issue of MS Messages, you’ll find photos of our Grade 8 students performing spoken word and poetry in the annual CoffeeHouse, always a fun MS tradition. Also you’ll enjoy photos from our ‘WalkAThon’ around Leggett Field (find details in the Health & Wellness update).
I also hope your family finds time to enjoy each other, create new memories, and try something new over Spring Break.
Hug your child, and Go Bulldogs!
- Go to the MyD-E area of the Dwight-Englewood School website by visiting www.d-e.org and clicking on My DE at the top-right of the page.
- Log-in to MyD-E using your assigned password or the password you established for yourself. If you need help with your password, please call Computer Services at 201-227-3177.
- Click on your child’s name near the top of the page.
- Click on Progress (if not already selected), then click on the current grade for your child immediately below that.
- After selecting the grade, click on the Report Cards link in the Performance area.